Salted Caramel Dip
September 24, 2015
- Cook: 15 mins
11. Heat granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a high heat resistant rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
22. Melt the sugar till it resembles thick, amber colored liquid. Continue to stir over low heat, so that the sugar does not burn.
33. Once sugar is completely melted, immediately add the butter. Continue stirring until the butter completely melted, about 2-3 minutes.
44. Very slowly, drizzle in 1/2 cup of heavy cream while stirring.
55. Raise the heat slightly and allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute. You don't want to let it to thicken too much, as the caramel dip should be runny after it cools down.
66. Remove from heat and stir in a pinch of sea salt. Allow to cool down before using.